- I have one battery that has a bad seal on the terminal and needs replacing.
- I will be replacing the leaking brake vacuum booster with a new/rebuilt unit. Because the old unit has a vacuum leak, the vacuum pump keeps rapidly cycling ON/OFF. For this reason, I've disconnected the pump ... and have been driving with no brake boost. It's actually no big problem, but does require a strong foot and leg.
- I will be adding recording thermocouples to the drive motor and controller. They aren't needed, but I like to play around with that stuff.
- I will be adding a tachometer interface unit that (hopefully) will be able to drive the existing VW tachometer. The unit "counts" the revolving teeth on the flywheel starter ring and converts that information to pulses used to drive the VW tachometer.
- I will be changing the rear brakes from the original drum brakes to a set of disk brakes from a VW Scirocco. (The front brakes are already disks.)
- I will be installing an electric heater in the original VW heater box, replacing the old water radiator.
- I need to seal up spaces around the rear battery box so that road dust doesn't seep up into the rear compartment.
As you can see, I have a lot to do, so the car will be out of service for a while. As of today, I have 800 miles on the car, since conversion. It's starting to get a little chilly, so the heater will be a welcome addition.