Friday, June 22, 2007

UPDATE: June 22, 2007


This morning I took the seats from the VW to "Dido Upholstery of Troy." It's a small shop, with a great reputation, in Troy, ID, a small town about 25 miles from home. He's going to recover all the seats and bring it up to OEM standards.

The afternoon was consumed with what was probably the most difficult job in the whole conversion: It was cutting out the rear deck in the trunk area for placement of the rear battery rack. This rack will carry half the batteries. The other eight will be in the front area, over the motor. Cutting this out was really hard because of the small cramped area to work in and the close tolerances. I had to use both a power reciprocating saw and pneumatic metal shears. Not fun ... but it's done!

I spent a lot of time in this position, today!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Darn... And you didn't use the 'good' photos.