Monday, June 25, 2007
UPDATE: June 25, 2007
Lots of work today, but no pictures.
In the rear battery compartment, I cleaned up the jagged sheet metal, where the hole for the battery rack was cut. Next, I cut holes for the battery box forced air ventilation system. Finally, I cleared away several brackets, that would not be needed, and opened up a pathway, under the car where the exhaust pipe had been, for the heavy current wires to run from the rear battery box to the front battery box.
Later this week, I hope to actually get the motor mated to the transmission and installed in the car.
Oh yes ... I submitted my application for the car to be in the 2007 National Lentil Festival Parade in mid-August. Now, all I have to do is make sure it's completed by then.
One more "Oh Yes:" Today, the local newspaper, the "Moscow-Pullman Daily News" published a nice little story about the project, titled: "Conversion puts new charge into VW." Nice story. I'll scan it and put a link to it, in the next day, or so.
Posted by Roger Daisley at 8:53 PM