Friday, July 06, 2007
UPDATE: July 6, 2007
Catch up day.
While I'm waiting for the motor mount to be modified, (See yesterday's entry.) I caught up on some work:
>I installed and adjusted a new clutch cable.
>I installed a new speedometer cable.
>I hooked up both drive axles to the transmission.
>I installed the rear battery box ventilation system, both inlet and exhaust. The rear battery box is now ready for the batteries to be installed.
The next project will be to fit and install the front battery holder. I want to get that done in the next couple of days. I've checked the fitting of the front box and it looks OK, so installation should be no big deal.
As soon as the front battery box is installed, I'll load up both boxes with all the batteries. Next, I'll simply sit all the other stuff that needs to be installed in the car. (The seats are still out being re-upholstered, so I'll add a couple of concrete blocks to simulate the weight.)
With the car weighted down, as it will be, I can then re-weight the car to get the final rolling weight. With this weight, I can then order the stronger suspension springs.
Posted by Roger Daisley at 7:30 PM